Saturday, August 9, 2008

The countdown begins

Ten more days until we leave California. I can't believe it. I have only left the state a handful of times in my life and I am about to move to a State I have never been to. I am scared, excited, stressed, worried about the boys and how they will transition. I am mostly just feeling very ready to be in our new house so I can tell Bubba "THIS is home".

Words cannot even express how hard it has been for me to not have a place to call home. I am very particular about having my things and my bed and my home. Bubba is the same way. OTOH I don't really know how I am going to make it feel like home when I know it is just temporary. Do I hang pictures? Do we unpack everything? Ugh, I need to just stop stressing and take it one day at a time!

Jonah has been driving me nuts lately. He doesn't want to go to sleep no matter how tired he is. He is throwing fits left and right for tiny things. He is going to be the death of me. Bubba was such an easy baby, Jonah not so much. Of course now I have a toddler who wants to push my buttons and test his limits every chance he gets and a baby who is so strong willed I don't know what to do. But I signed up for this. What was I thinking?

No comments: